Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekly Meal Plan February 4

Creating a weekly meal plan can help a household in a variety of ways e.g., it cuts the guess work, makes shopping easier, saves time,saves money, and can help you lose/maintain weight. It's a great way to create a visual representation of the food groups/nutrients you are consuming. I recommend using organic meats/produce, if possible, or even local/sustainable; and fresh versus frozen anything! Also remember, with vegetables, use a variety of colors. While I try to include a variety, I also shop for what's on sale. Organic produce @ full price isn't cheap - so leave some flexibility in your meal plan and shop what's on sale.

My goal here is to share the weekly meal plan in our house in order to help spark some ideas for you. I typically make extra food in order to have leftovers for lunch the next day. Also,while I try to keep a healthy diet, it is by no means perfect. I hope this helps!

Monday: Roasted Salmon with sauteed kale & red onions

Tuesday: Vegetable Stir fry with organic, non-GMO Tofu. Veggies include: green beans, broccoli, onion, and zucchini.

Wednesday. Grilled Mahi-Mahi with green beans and pureed butternut squash.

Thursday: Spaghetti Squash with sauteed vegetables and ground beef. Veggies include zucchini, onions, mushrooms, and carrots.

Friday: Meatloaf (a special recipe that is loaded with 1/2 c of both grated carrots and zucchini. Thank you Lola!), any leftover veggies and steamed/mashed butternut squash.



No comments:

Post a Comment