Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Quick Meals - Broccoli & Sweet Potato Bowl


Here is a recipe that I like to make when I'm short on time. It's super quick, healthy, and tastes good. I came across the recipe on a website called Clean and Delicious (with Dani Spies). Check out some of her other recipes if you have a chance. They're all very clean and healthy!

Simple Steamed Broccoli & Sweet Potato Bowl by Dani Spies

Ingredients
1-2 medium sweet potato , cut into ½ in cubes
1.5 cups of broccoli florets
1 can of black beans
½ tsp dashes of curry powder
½ tsp of garlic powder
1 tbsp of Ghee or olive oil
salt and little black pepper to taste
Yields about 4 servings.
Directions
In a medium/large pot, steam sweet potato cubes for approximately 5 minutes. Add broccoli and steam for another 4 minutes. Add the black beans and steam for another 4 minutes.
Remove vegetables from pot and combine in large bowl with seasoning and ghee.
This dish can be served as a stand alone meal or as a side dish. If I’m serving it for dinner, I generally serve with grilled chicken.


Nutritional Analysis
Per serving estimates:
Calories: 232; Total Fat: 5.2g; Saturated Fat: 0.9g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 171 mg; Carbohydrate: 40.1g; Dietary Fiber: 8.8g; Sugars: 5.1g; Protein: 9.1g

No comments:

Post a Comment