Friday, February 8, 2013

Recipe - Banana Ice Cream


As luck would have it, I generally get a sweet tooth the moment I go on a diet. :) I've searched all over the internet for healthier ways to satisfy the sweet cravings, and I finally came across this recipe for banana 'ice cream'.  The recipe is super easy. You can also kick it up a notch by adding a little chocolate protein powder. I prefer MRM's Chocolate Whey. If you need a little more sweetness, you can add a little honey or agave.


Enjoy!!!

Banana Ice Cream


Ingredients
2 frozen medium bananas
About a ½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond(or any kind of milk you choose)

Directions
Pop bananas into a blender or food processor and blend until the bananas have a smooth and creamy consistency (just like ice-cream).  Depending on how powerful your blender or processor is, your bananas may clunk around a bit at the beginning BUT just give them a minute.  Once they start to break down they turn into this lovely, creamy treat.

If you want… you can skip the milk addition all together, but I like to add a little in.  I usually start with about a quarter cup and then blend.  If you want it a little thinner add a little more milk, if not… skip it!

Top with whatever you’ve got on hand or nothing at all and enjoy!

Maks 2 servings.

Nutritional Analysis
Calories: 115; Total Fat: 2.1g; Saturated Fat: 0.2g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 3mg; Carbohydrate: 27g; Dietary Fiber: 4; Sugars: 14.4; Protein: 3.2g
* adding a scoop of chocolate protein powder will add approximately 45 calories and 10 grams of protein to each serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment