Monday, April 1, 2013

Back on the Wagon and Protein Avocado Smoothie Recipe

The past few weeks have been a whirl-wind! We headed up to Reno to meet my BEAUTIFUL niece, Valentina Rose, and spend some time with the fam. Then, my younger sister and her hubby spent a few days with us in San Diego... and finally, I spent last week in Houston! Whew! The past two weeks have been filled with lots of yummy food and a wee bit of drinking :) All worth it!!! So, now it's Monday and time to get back on the wagon :) Actually, I have decided to start a new diet. I'd like to lean out a bit and start body building. I'm tinkering with the idea of competing but that takes serious commitment, and I'm not sure I have that kind of time right now. So, I think for now, I will start the process and see how I can adapt it to my life. (cause I don't have time for 3 hours of cardio a day in my schedule!!!)

So, Day one of my diet, I decided to start my day with a tasty shake! This is a meal replacement shake that is loaded with protein, good fat, and some carbs. Definitely play around with the recipe, but try the original!!

Protein Avocado Breakfast Smoothie w/ added greens!

Ingredients

1 cup of ice
1 cup of almond milk
1/4 avocado
1 scoop whey protein powder (i prefer chocolate)
1 scoop of Green Superfood Antioxidant Berry Drink pwdr
1 pinch of nutmeg
3 shakes of cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. I usually blend an extra 30 seconds or so to make sure it's extra creamy :)

Nutritional Information:
1 serving:approximately 285 calories, 30 g Protein, 8.5 g Fat, 13 g Carbs, and loaded with vitamin A, C, K, B, Iron,  Folic Acid, and much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment